In July 2019, the Oregon legislature made a commitment to support foster and kinship families by making KEEP groups available across the state.
What is a KEEP group?
- 7-12 foster/kinship parents and two trained group leaders
- 16 weekly, 90-minute sessions
- Connect with other foster and kin families
- KEEP is a support group, not a class!
- Tele-KEEP groups are available for families in rural areas and take place via videoconference.
For participating you will get:
- Up to 24 foster parent training hours
- $20/session per household for each session attended!
- Evidence-based parenting tools you can use today!
- Childcare and food (at in-person groups; other incentives for Tele-KEEP)
KEEP is for all foster and kinship families with a child age 4-12 in the home. Tele-KEEP groups are also available for adolescents. Use this map to find out when KEEP will be available in your area and how to get involved!